Wednesday 8 April 2009

Hi and Welcome!

Hello all and welcome to the first post of my new blog!

I have never had a blog before and it's quite exciting, like a strange form of self indulgent therapy :-)

Anyway I wanted to start this blog as i've had a touch of upheavel lately and thought this would be a good way to organise my thoughts.

Firstly a little about myself - I recently got made redundant from my Sales job which I had been working at for about 8 months. I had moved to that job straight from another one in Sales and o had been having a bash at this sales lark for about 3 years in total and it was ok, I didn' love it to death or anything but as jobs go it was fine. About 12 of us got made redundant in total and it was a fairly horrible time at the office, people crying and gibbering in corners and the like and I can totally see their point, mortgages still had to be paid, kids fed etc. But for me it really wasn't so bad, I lived at home with my parents and didn't really have any big expenditure that I couldn't immediatly stop. Besides, I had long been feeling that I would maybe like to try something different, these feelings wern't strong enough to leave a nice job but they were defo there and so I thought maybe I could see this as an oppertunity amongst other things.

The first thing to note, is that I haven't immediatly been looking for a new job, since for the mo I had nothing else to concentrate on I thought that I could dedicate my time to something that I had been wanting to crack for sometime and that was my horrendous fear of the dentist.

Now anyone who's ever been terrified of the men with the masks and tooth picks will know what I mean here and the rest of you wont have a clue. I don't just mean I was a little scared as in feeling slightly gittery just before an appointment, I mean so mind numbingly terrifed that I didn't go to my appointments! Not since I was in my early teens as best guess (can't tell you exacty when as my mind has blanked that particular period of terror out).

It's a terrible thing being scared of the dentist. At first you block the whole dental world out completely, stop thinking about them and just walk away from the conversation if anyone show signs of mentioning this scary world. You tell yourself that you will go when you get toothache, which is sure to happen at some point as you hear about it all the time from fried or on TV or whatever. BUT what about when this doesn't happen? And don't get me wrong here im very very very glad not to have had toothache in the past however long it's been since my poor mother stopped dragging me to the dentist but you do start to wonder how you are going to get yourself there with the absence of sharp, head shacking pains that would defo act as an incentive. Answers anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment