Thursday 9 April 2009

The Dentist Saga Continued ..

So one day I was sitting around wondering how I was going to overcome this particular hurdle when I happened to Google dental phobia. It was one of the best things I have ever done! I found a forum site dedicated to people who felt exactly as I did, check it out here if you have any of the same issues - http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/forum/

This forum was exactly what I needed as the main probem I had in all this was thinking that I was the only one who felt this scared of the dentist. This site is full of people who were as scared, or if not more so than me! I couldn't believe it, it let me breath a big sigh of relief thats for sure. I didn't sign up straight away but began reading some of the peoples posts and in some cases it was as if I was writing myself, so similar were our issues.

Eventually I did create an account and set up my own thread listing some of my worries and actually when I got to thinking about it it did seem like my fear of the actual dentist had lessened over the years and instead I now was more scared about what I would need done because I had left it so long. There were scary stories on dentalfearcentral about people, some of them quite young needing dentures :-( That soon became my new fear.

Anyway I started to think that maybe I could book a check up appointment but I specifically wanted to find a dentist that someone on the forum had tried out first. Luckily that have a dentist recommendation section so I started looking through that, but there didn't turn out to be that many from my area, only really one in Bristol which was a sedation clinic that knocked people for absolutly all treatment. I wasn't toally against this however so I popped them an email and crossed my fingers that they would reply sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment