Sunday 27 September 2009

Back from Nepal


Im back!

I had a great time in Nepal and guess what - I lost more lbs! I really can't believe it but im 11stone 2lbs now which is nearly a stone lighter than when I started. Im double shocked that I managed to loose extra weight in Nepal, especially as anyone who's been there will know that their stable dish is Dal Bhat (kind of a curry).

I wasn't really thinking at all about what I ate over there since I didn't really have any control over it. We did a fair bit of moving around with the volunteering so the only thing I can think of is that I must have been doing more exercise without really noticing (the best kind of exercise if you ask me).

Anyway whatever the reason im really happy and just hope I can keep it up now im back home.

The pic is the view from the monastery where I was teaching English, it was a beautiful place as you can see. For breakfast everyday at 6am we ate monk break (kind of like pita bread) with butter and jam, then at 12am and 6pm we had Dal Bhat each day alongside some lovely very sweet tea, so you can see why I was sure that if anything I would have put on weight!

4 comments:

  1. I hope we're going to hear a lot more about your Nepali adventure.

    You can read my Peruvian adventures: http://pausedinperu.blogspot.com/ and from there go to Bolivia and the rest of South America with me.

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ava, the challenge now is keeping it off!!

    Hope you enjoyed your trip to Nepal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a view...who would want to even move from that spot... breathtaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all :-)

    Argentum - if you are interested I have a separate blog especially dedicated to my Nepal adventure, the address is http://upupandawayadventures.blogspot.com/ I will defo check your blog out too, I need ideas for where to go next!

    Chester - you are right there :-) but even more good news, I've managed to loose an extra 2lbs now im back so now im 11 stone, woohoo.

    Bendigo - The views all around the monastery were amazing, I will be putting more pics up on my other blog if you want to check them out http://upupandawayadventures.blogspot.com/

    Thanks loads for stopping by all :-) xx

    ReplyDelete