Monday 18 May 2009

2nd Treament A OK!

Great news! My 2nd dentist treatment appointment went really well :-) I had the filling and the top left of my teeth cleaned which was a bonus as the dentist had expected to have to do these in two seperate appointments. The whole thing went brilliantly just like last time. As I hadn't felt any effect of the happy pills last time the dentist suggested taking them about an hour before the appt this time (as opposed to half hour before), I ended up taking them 45 mins before the appt. I still don't think I felt any effects but I felt calm, although I think this is because I quite like going to the dentist now still can't believe I can say that).

If anything I felt the numbing injections even less this time and I was expecting them to be worse as I had to have them done right in the front where I was having the filling done. I got chatting to the dentist about my experiences when I ws younger and said that I liked the fact that I didn't get sent back out into the waiting room to wait for the numbing injections to take effect, which my old dentist used to do. He explained that by doing them slower it not only hurt less but by the time he had finished they were already starting to take effect, so a few moments after finishin, he just had time to put the TV on and we were away!

I have my next appt on Wednesday now so that will be a cleaning of one side of the bottom of my mouth. Quite looking forward to it! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment